Getting Started

Oct 27, 2008 at 9:20 PM
I'm relatively new to DNN and more recently IWebCF. From what I've read online, it looks like I can use WCF calls to DNN.

What I would like to do is expose some methods in DNN to Create, Update and Delete users from a Windows Form application. It looks like this is possible and should be relatively easy. From one of the samples...it looks like your creating users already. Would I just extend this to include the update and delete?

But now I'm at the point of trying to figure out how to use and get started with IWebCF. I downloaded the sample, but without any documentation...it's hard to see what if required to do.

Needing to do this in C# is just another thing to.

Any suggestions, help, etc? It would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Callon
Coordinator
Oct 29, 2008 at 3:06 AM
You could create the two IWebCF extension methods that you would need (UpdateUser and DeleteUser) in VB. The DeleteUser method should be pretty easier to do, and the UpdateUser should be similar to the CreateUser method that already exists. If you are new to WCF development you may just want to copy the CreateUser method, rename the method, and modify the function to modify an existing user instead of creating a new one.

You could then use C# to create the client application, which may be easier for you if you are more familiar with C# than VB.

This tutorial should get you started: http://iweb.adefwebserver.com/ExampleCode/HowtoextendIWebCFforyourownmodules/tabid/76/Default.aspx