Missing Files

May 6, 2008 at 7:45 PM
Hello there,

I downloaded the project and have create the solutions and loaded the projects manually.
Everything is fine, except for the IWebCF DNN Module project. It appears that all the .designer files are missing and therefore all the controls defined in them are throwing compilation errors.

Could you add those files back in? and I would suggest add the VBPROJ file just for this one project as setting up a web project for this is a bit of overkill considering we need to add the project properties and references manually.

Great job and thanks!
Coordinator
May 13, 2008 at 3:33 PM

First, thank you for testing out the new project!

As for the designer files, I am kind of confused. The actually module is in the "WebSite" format not the "WAP" format; therefore, there should not be any designer files. Are you trying to open the DesktopModules/IWebCF folder as a web application?

Thanks!
Ian

netguy wrote:
Hello there,

I downloaded the project and have create the solutions and loaded the projects manually.
Everything is fine, except for the IWebCF DNN Module project. It appears that all the .designer files are missing and therefore all the controls defined in them are throwing compilation errors.

Could you add those files back in? and I would suggest add the VBPROJ file just for this one project as setting up a web project for this is a bit of overkill considering we need to add the project properties and references manually.

Great job and thanks!

May 13, 2008 at 3:59 PM

ITLackey,

I am not sure it matters whether or not it is WAP.

What I was trying to say that the .designer files is where the CONTROLS are defined (i.e. Protected Friend lblFirstname as system.web.ui.webcontrols.label)

Right now those control definitions are nowhere to be found in your project and therefore I cannot modify any of the UI in the module UNLESS I add for partial classes myself (which is not what should happen).

Does this make more sense?

ITLackey wrote:

As for the designer files, I am kind of confused. The actually module is in the "WebSite" format not the "WAP" format; therefore, there should not be any designer files. Are you trying to open the DesktopModules/IWebCF folder as a web application?

Thanks!
Ian

netguy wrote:
Hello there,

Great job and thanks!

Coordinator
May 15, 2008 at 3:11 AM
Only WAP uses designer files. This module was created using a website project not the web application project. Therefore, it will not have designer files and can only be opened in a website project.

This post may help explain it better. It describes how this project is setup: http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Community/Blogs/tabid/825/EntryID/1709/Default.aspx

If you want to modify the core code you will want to copy the DesktopModules/IWebCF folder into an existing DNN installation and then open the DNN folder as a website. Then add the class library projects to the solution and reference them in the website.

HTH
Ian

antoniochagoury wrote:

ITLackey,

I am not sure it matters whether or not it is WAP.

What I was trying to say that the .designer files is where the CONTROLS are defined (i.e. Protected Friend lblFirstname as system.web.ui.webcontrols.label)

Right now those control definitions are nowhere to be found in your project and therefore I cannot modify any of the UI in the module UNLESS I add for partial classes myself (which is not what should happen).

Does this make more sense?

ITLackey wrote:

Thanks!
Ian

netguy wrote:
Hello there,

Great job and thanks!